How To Activate A Blackberry BES Using Wireless Enterprise Activation
- A Live-Tech hosted Exchange account with Live-Tech
- A BlackBerry device with wireless cellular service and an accompanying plan
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server with a wireless carrier
- Make sure that your wireless account is provisioned for BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), which is different than standard BlackBerry Internet service (BIS).
- You can validate this on the handheld in Options - Advanced Options. If the Enterprise Activation option is not there, contact your wireless carrier and ask for the handheld to be provisioned for BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES).
- You will need your PIN and IMEI numbers. To find them, go to Options - Status on your BlackBerry device.
- A BlackBerry software version 4.0 or above You can validate this on the handheld in Options - About. If you wish to upgrade your software version, contact your wireless carrier and request the latest client software for the handheld.
- Please note that the 900 series of handheld (i.e. R957) has a different versioning system. Software version 2.7 on this series is equivalent to version 4.0 on newer devices.
- A good wireless signal strength (greater than -90dBm) You can validate this on the handheld in Options - Status page. The smaller the number, the better.
- Your Activation BES Password is: #### (If you need a new BES Password please contact support)
How to activate BES
- On your device’s desktop, select Options.
- Select Advanced Options.
- Select Enterprise Activation.
- Enter the email address and activation password provided when you enabled the service in Live-Tech's Control Panel.
- Press the Menu key and select Activate.
- Once activation is done, an Activation Complete pop-up window will appear. Click on OK.
This activation password is only used to activate your mailbox. It will be rendered invalid after three unsuccessful activation attempts and it will expire 30 days after creation. Once the handheld is successfully activated, the password is removed from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. A new activation password can be generated at any time by disabling and re-enabling the service in Live-Tech's Control Panel.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for choosing Live-Tech.