Manual Configuration Guide for Outlook 2013 in Windows 8 (Live-Tech Hosted Exchange 2013)
Manual configuration guide for Outlook 2013 in Windows 8 (Exchange 2013).
All Live-Tech hosted Exchange 2013 accounts.
- You must have a Live-Tech's hosted Exchange 2013 account
- You must have Outlook 2013
- You must have Windows 8
- In Tile view, type Mail. Search will return a few results. Click on Settings and then click on Mail.
- Click on Show Profiles.
- On the General tab, click on Add. Then enter the profile name and click OK.
- Click on Manual setup or additional server types and then click on Next.
- Click on Microsoft Exchange Server or compatible service and then click on Next.
- Enter the Manual configuration alias you can find in your Control Panel under the Information for Users section (ex: 3035ce66-7362-49d7-9cc8-dbc42770e7d7@EXAMPLE.COM) in the Server field.
- Check the box Use Cached Exchange Mode and pull the Mail to keep offline slider bar to All. Click on More Settings.
- Select the Connection tab and then check the box Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP. Click on Exchange Proxy Settings.
- In the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange field, enter the webmail value you can find in your Control Panel in the User Information section (ex: webmail.example.com). Make sure that both On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP and On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP are selected and that the Proxy authentication settings are at Basic Authentication. Then, click on OK.
- Click on Apply and then on OK.
- Make sure your email address is in the User Name field and then click on Check Name.
- Enter your password in the Password field and then click on OK.
- When Outlook stops loading, the server should have changed as well as your user name. Both should be underlined. Click on Next and then click on Finish.
- Close the Mail screen and open Outlook. When you are asked for your password, enter it into the Password field.
- A message box will appear in the lower right of your screen stating that Microsoft Outlook is setting up a local copy of your mailbox. It may be several minutes until all of your data is available. Once you see All folders are up to date and Connected to Microsoft Exchange, you can begin using your newly configured Exchange profile.
manual, configuration, guide, Outlook, 2013, Windows, 8, Exchange, Outlook 2013, Windows 8, Exchange 2013
If you have any questions, feel free to call us toll free 1-888-361-8511 for any other questions