Choppy Voice or Call using IP Phone
If the problem is isolated or NOT here are a few direct suggestions to complete.
- Check for the latest Firmware Version and confirm that phone is fully Updated.
- Locate the LAN IP address of the phone that is having issues and do a simple PING test from your computer to the phone. Document the MS rates and note for any (Requested Time Out, High MS Rates & Variable Results).
- Make sure the phone is setup on a Direct cable to your Network switch. Try to avoid Hubs or other spits in the connection to the Network backbone.
- If you use the phone connected to the same line that is shared with a PC (DUAL LAN PORTs) try eliminating the PC LAN port and use the phone direct.
- As a test move the phone to another network connection and retry your voice tests. This test can identify if there are any issues with the current connected network run.
Should you need further support please don't hesitate to contact your support team. Thank you for choosing Live-Tech.