How To Create A SharePoint 2013 Site
SynopsisThis guide will show you how to create your SharePoint 2013 site via the Control Panel.
Applicable toAll Live-Tech hosted SharePoint 2013 accounts.
A Live-Tech hosted SharePoint 2013 account.
Make sure you have access to your domain DNS configuration.
- Log into the Control Panel.
- Click on Manage Sites, located in the SharePoint section.
- Click on Create a new SharePoint site.
- Choose a Plan from the drop- down menu.
- Enter a name for your site in the Name field.
- Enter a description in the Description field.
- Enter a URL in the Url field.
- If you wish to make an SSL protected site, put a checkmark next to Is SSL.
- Decide which user will be the primary site owner from the Owner drop-down menu.
- Choose the language of your site (this cannot be changed later) and choose a site template.
- Click on Create.
- Take note of the IP address that is displayed in yellow as you will need it in step 6.
- On your DNS server, create a new entry to point to the IP address you recorded at step 5. To achieve that, go in your registrar's Control Panel (ex: GoDaddy, Network Solutions, etc.) and create an A host record called sharepoint.
Example: GoDaddy: Host name = sharepoint (This is to have http://sharepoint.example.com/ as your SharePoint URL)
sharepoint.example.com internet address=22.214.171.124
If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us toll free on 1 (888) 361-8511
KeywordsCreate hosted site, SharePoint 2013, Control Panel